Day 307: Mr. Invisible by Thank You Scientist // 8

Image result for stranger heads prevail"GENRE: math rock, jazz
I thank Reddit for this suggestion. They seem to have the most eclectic tastes. Rather, it's the people most outspoken about their music tastes that are eclectic. Today I find myself listening to a combination of jazz, math rock, metal, and progressive. I mean, how did they even make this blend of genres work. Although some genres are present more so than others, it's clear that they make creative decisions beyond the conventional. I can be pretty picky about voices like these, but this is quite something else. It's not so edgy as to make me cringe. The cleans are just grounded enough, due to their support from decent lyrics, and an even greater backing track. I think my favorite part about it is the mode that they work in. Of course, it being influenced by jazz, you got to have some gnarly transitions and modal interchanges here and there, and you definitely get hints of that here. I'm a fan.

Rating: 8/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5