Day 271: KILL THIS LOVE by BLACKPINK // 3

Image result for blackpink kill this love albumGENRE: k-pop
I've been avoiding BLACKPINK for the longest time because I already know how I'm going to feel about them. From the aesthetic, from the strong personality of the fan base, and the general state of k-pop. After listening one of their latest releases, my thoughts unsurprisingly remain the same.

As you can see, they're quite aggressive. It's in all caps the entire time. Their music is in all caps too. It's just so loud, no dynamics, no nuance at all. I could maybe brush that off to pop songs in general. It's not supposed to be intimate. I just have a hard time assessing what makes this song so popular besides its booming bass, blaring horns, and dancing idols. Appealing the masses is the way to do it. Also, I abhor rapping in k-pop. It doesn't make sense to me with regards to the whole point and history of the art. Video's cool I guess.

Rating: 3/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5