Day 305: Nights Like This (feat. Ty Dolla $ign) by Kehlani // 7

Image result for While We Wait kehlani"GENRE: R&B
This probably one of the "coolest" songs that I've listened to this year. And by "coolest", I mean that it sits close to top in terms of overall views. From that perspective I almost feel like I'm out of place, because I tend to avoid songs like these. Fortunately, Kehlani's smash hit takes the best elements out of these types of songs.

I'm particularly fond of the melody, the cadence of the lyrics, and the synths in the background supporting the whole song. The drum beats are clear and crisp as well. I have no complaints there. The overall production is loaded with rich sounds and details. I was surprised at how much I could pick up from repeated listens. More songs need that kind of detail nowadays. I couldn't care less about Ty Dolla $ign; he adds literally nothing to the song for me.

Rating: 7/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5