Day 54: Retreat to Hibernate by Heretoir // 4

Image result for retreat to hibernate heretoirgenre: metal
snack: hershey's cookies and cream 
This song suggestion was derived from Spotify's algorithms, from which the input songs were the slew of daily posts on this blog. Evidently, I've been a little too focused on the metal side of things, but it's not like I ever made a restriction in the first place.

Either way, this seems like your run-of-the-mill black metal song, in song structure and instrumentation. I may be experiencing fatigue, but I'm pretty much over this genre of music. I need a little bit more life in my music, more variation, more development of themes without extending the song longer than it needs to be. Unless it expands beyond the norms of the genre, I sleep. It's also possible I'm just spoiled by what could be the best bands of the genre, and I don't have a proper understanding of what the genre truly is. I call it how I see it though, and this song just doesn't do much for me. It's atmospheric and melancholic, and the active role the drums play in the song are interesting enough, but that's the extent of it. Give me a beer, a fireplace, and this song, and I'm set.

Rating: 4/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5