Day 83: Put Your Head On My Shoulders by Paul Anka // 8.5

Image result for paul anka put your head on my shouldersgenre: doo wop
banana
How about a little oldies to break the trend? I've heard about Paul Anka, and know at most only one of his songs. So here's one of his most famous songs.

I'm a sucker for oldies, and so even though this song is mindlessly simple, I remain mesmerized by its melody, its theme, and its idyllic message. It's such a classic song for teenage love, especially at a time where history was calming down. Hate it not, I can't lie to myself when I say that a song as pure as this strikes at the very core of my youth. I didn't even live during the 50's, but I can't attribute my fawning over this song to any other feeling than nostalgia. Sure, it may be rose-tinted glasses, there were other terrible things going on. Fortunately, Paul Anka's song takes you away from all the modern-day troubles, a tiny little microcosm.

If you didn't know, Paul Anka is still alive and kicking about. Good on him!

Rating: 8.5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5