Day 300: Love is All by The Tallest Man On Earth // 5.5

Image result for the wild hunt the tallest man on earthGENRE: folk 
This song comes at the behest of my friend Ben. He's been raving about this band for a while and I decided, why not entertain him? My first impression is the strong influence of Bob Dylan on this song. From the strained and accentuated voicing, to the finger-picking guitar serving as the main instrument.

And with most of these songs, it's the lyrics that are the main thrust. Honestly, he's quite the poet. His symbolism and imagery fall into the spectrum that I particularly enjoy. Beyond that, I feel a bit missing here. As much of an emotional, personal, one-on-one piece it is, I want something more complete from the instrumentation. I personally think it'd give this song a little more memorability for me.

Rating: 5.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5