Day 299: Dear God by Dax // 6

Image result for dear god daxGENRE: rap
There's something to be said when a rap song is incredibly clean, well-written, thematic, and important. That something is this song by a rapper I haven't heard of yet. I will say, the backing track is nothing to yell about. The star of the show is in the lyrical content and the expressiveness of Dax. I guess in a way, it forces you to listen to the message more so than the instrumentation. When it comes to this song though, I believe that may be to its benefit.

Dax explores the hypocrisies and fallacies of religion in this song with emotional detail. Although, this type of content isn't something we haven't heard about before. Frankly, it's all pretty high-level and comes from a more personal perspective. I liked it at first, but listening to it again there's not quite as much depth as I would like. With the empty backing track, I only feel that sentiment even more.

Rating: 6/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5