Day 292: God Is by Kanye West // 7.5

Image result for jesus is king album cover
GENRE: hip hop 
Going further through the album, this was one of the songs I particularly enjoyed. It's quite pandering given the content, and given how manic Kanye is. Again, as ridiculous as he can be, he does produce great material. You've got that old school jazz style perpetuated throughout the song. I love those strings and how they play against the singer's voice in the intro. Kanye's voice is altered a little differently than in his previous songs. It sounds fatigued, strained, as if he's been singing for a long time before actually recording. I doubt that that's the case; it's probably just some effect. But nonetheless, it took a while to get used to, but I'm a fan of it. It's soft, and endearing in my opinion. Good stuff.

Rating: 7.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5