Day 287: Stop Draggin' My Heart Around feat. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers by Stevie Nicks // 3.5

Related imageGENRE: rock
I literally know one song by Stevie Nicks, and it's her most popular one (Edge of Seventeen). I was curious and dipped a toe into the water to find out what else she's done. Frankly, it's not much to look at. One of the songs that I listened to featured Tom Petty, which I do like. I was hoping that some of his style was rub off. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. My main criticism is the pace and timbre of the song. It just feels so flat. The dry, stagnant rhythm and melody really drag it through the mud. I just want it to pick up. Their voices are iconic, but this song does not do them any justice. There isn't any innovation to concurrent pieces; I don't want to listen to it again. It's not the worst thing there is—it's just disappointing.

Rating: 3.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5