Day 285: Keep on Loving You by REO Speedwagon // 4.5

Image result for hi infidelityGENRE: arena rock
REO Speedwagon has one of the distinct styles I can think of. Their sound is characterized by maximum reverb, lengthy choruses, and overdramatic instrumentation. They have plenty of recognizable songs in their repertoire. Surprisingly, this one flew under my radar. I can't say much else about it other what you should already know. In the context of all their other hits, I feel like this one doesn't stand out quite as much. I would attribute this to the less satisfying chord progressions. They sit too close together to have a strong resolution. On the lyrical side, it's another love song. I guess that's to be expected on their part, given the time and audience.

Rating: 4.5/10



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5