Day 283: Seashell by Floating Room // 6.5

Image result for seashell floating roomGENRE: indie
I decided to give this band a fair chance, because I've purposefully avoided them in a past due to a distasteful experience with their most popular song. See, I figured they were just a lesser version of the some the typical indie bands I've been listening to.

Turns out, they're a lot more experimental and interesting than I take them for. You get a melting pot of shoegaze, progressive, and indie in there. The song structure is a blur, what with the constant drum beat and rhythm guitars carrying the song. The lead guitars interact with each other and build over the course of the song. The vocals have their place, and it feels very genuine where they are. I feel like they really took their time crafting the pieces of this song, rather than it feeling like a jam session.

Rating: 6.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5