Day 276: For Once In My Life by Stevie Wonder // 8.5

Image result for For Once IN My Life stevie wonderGENRE: R&B
Stevie Wonder's illustrious career never ceases to amaze me. His works are not only easily placed among the most catchy songs out there, but they are top-notch in their approach to musicianship. I've always adored and envied (honestly) how he incorporates jazzy influences into his songs, especially in this one. That small refrain with "Someone who needs me" is exactly what I'm talking about. You get the classic harmonica solo here too. That just can't be separated from his style. The way he writes his melodies are incredibly endearing as well. I can listen to this song on end, and that's what I'm going to do.

Rating 8.5/10




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5