Day 273: Carmen, Act III, Entr'acte by Bizet // 8

Image result for dance of the blessed spirits album GENRE: classical 
With how little I know of classical music, I realistically only guide myself by what sounds good to me. This particular piece captured my attention. I believe it's part the Carmen opera, but the lesser known piece of the whole. Not quite as charged as the more popular prelude, this one seeks to calm you and evoke softer, more peaceful feelings. I honestly feel like I'm sitting on a cloud. Could it be the gentle, vibrant harp? Perhaps it's the tender flute? Well, combined, they're certainly a force to be reckoned with. The only way I can describe how I feel about it is that the composition was written to maximize the best features of the flute. And the harp complements that perfectly by providing the foundation with elegant arpeggios and countermelodies peppered in.

Rating: 8/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5