Day 269: Worth It by Haley Heynderickx // 8

Image result for i need to start a garden haley heynderickxGENRE: indie
Hell yeah I'm going to write about another one of her songs. At the slight inconvenience of having to figure out the spelling of her name again, I will gladly write about this song that seems to be on par with her other songs. I especially like this one because of how effective it is with its length. And really, I want to take a moment to praise the album in general. It's really a coherent and great album overall, with inklings of folk and indie all throughout.

This song in particular progresses and develops really well. You get strong themes through guitar riffs, parallel melodies in Haley's voice, and her knack for songwriting. I am also partial to the pace aroudn 2 minutes in, which I've been waiting to her from her. Yes, she's usually a more somber and mellow indie artist, but the rugged sections are what make this song special. Breaks in between really give you time to absorb and think.

Rating: 8/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5