Day 260: I Wish I Was Stephen Malkmus by beadaboobee // 6.5

Image result for i wish i was stephen malkmusGENRE: indie 
Today we're adding another one to the current library subgenre of "indie bands with a female-lead". It has all the bits and pieces needed, although I do have a few qualms here and there. The chord progression, although leaning on the side of cheesy, definitely fits well with her caricatured voice. Those strong descending chords are what I would describe as edgy and maybe drawn from another era. What I like most about this song is the sheer mood swings. You have huge guitar chords mimicking a Green Day rock ballad (big fan by the way), and other times you get a small interlude of twangy surf rock and typical indie rock. Save for the simpler lyrics, I think this song has a place among the more influential songs that have altered my tastes over this year.

Rating: 6.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5