Day 255: Colorado by Aukai // 8

Image result for branches of sun aukaiGENRE: indie, instrumental
Now here's a genre I don't think I've done. I don't exactly have the expertise or esoteric knowledge of music composed for film, TV, etc. But, what I can say is that I can definitely see this piece fitting perfectly with wide shots of vast plains or mountains. The repetition of that guitar riff in the background maintains a steady feeling of tension throughout the entire piece, as if something is not sitting totally right. It's essentially a minor arpeggio, with a solo guitar singing over the top. Using acoustic guitars in general implants images of the rural countryside. Now, I'm not sure what the state of Colorado has to do with it, but I'm guessing it's the mountains?

Either way, this piece does take me to a different place of mind. Although it's not exactly a peaceful place, it's certainly a profound one.

Rating: 8/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5