Day 254: King Of The Road by Roger Miller // 8

Related image
GENRE: country
I swear I've heard this song somewhere before, and sung by a woman too. I'll have to look into it later, but I have a feeling this is the original. Either way, it's a cute little song about the open road and the common niceties that go along with it. Instrumentation is simple as ever, but you can't deny that the melody is really unforgettable. Something about the interval between "Trailers" and "Rooms" within the same line is so memorable (is it just a half-step down?). It's also a fusion of both swing and country, combining Southern charm and themes with cool, fun swagger (just listen to those finger snaps).

Realistically, the song just a bunch of choruses strung together. I don't even think I can remember the verses, if you can even call them that. I'm not against it though. The song certainly does its job.

Rating: 8/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5