Day 241: 7empest by TOOL // 9

Image result for fear inoculumGENRE: progressive, metal
All right, I just had to do it. With TOOL's latest album, there's no reason not to talk about what is probably the best song on the album. It's 15 minutes of classic TOOL goodness. I was trying to figure out why the first letter is a 7. And honestly, I don't really have the time to. It could either be time signature, the lyrical content, or something else I'm not getting entirely (which wouldn't be so far-fetched for a band like them). They take such simple, irregular riffs, and really milk good quality stuff out of it. It's just so damn catchy. I know I'm gushing over this song, but this is the type of stuff that keeps this genre alive.

Rating: 9/10



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5