Day 236: I'm the Only One by Laura Palmer's Death Parade // 5.5

Image result for among us all laura palmer's deathGENRE: indie, slow rock
And now that we've re-calibrated, we have arrived back to that familiar indie sound. This time, there's a little twist in that this band is inspired by Twin Peaks, that one awfully slow-paced show with a feel for palpable tension. I mean, just look at the name of the band. My god, look at the album cover. It's a little excessive to me, personally.

This particular song takes its main riff from the intro to the actual show. That repeating interval back and forth is so iconic, especially when the band has taken it to the point where a similar sound is used as well. I don't know if it's intentional, but this song drags just as much. I wish the tension was built slowly throughout. You kind of just drift along a stagnant wave when you listen to this song. At this point, why not just make it even longer than it is now? I guess, to that end, it's a proper adaptation inspired by a very eminent product.

Rating: 5.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5