Day 233: Southern Nights by Glen Campbell // 8.5

Related imageGENRE: country
Oh my god, what a catchy tune! I was lovestruck from merely the first words. The southern hospitality is just palpable. He's got a slight Elton John youthfulness to his voice. Just, such a clean and clear voice. The instrumentals are old-timey as well. That bright piano, and that lively bass is truly something nostalgic and beholden to simpler times. You know, it almost feels like an earlier Beatles song too now that I think about it, with the exception of that old banjo. Given the time period, it's entirely possible there were some influences here and there in the writing the song. The lyrics aren't deep, but simple and poignant. Concise, clear, and meaningful to the source material. Wow, I don't know. I am just totally drawn to this song. I only hope to find more like it.

Rating: 8.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5