Day 230: Amor de Siempre by Cuco // 6.5

Image result for cuco wannabewithuGENRE: hip hop, chill 
Ok, it was my fault for rating Lover Is a Day so low the last time I reviewed it. This entire album embodies a similar nighttime aesthetic, and Amor de Siempre is one of the standout songs that help project that mood onto the listener. The manufactured hip hop beats sound a bit more obvious and flat in this song, but I do like the vocals a bit more compared to Lover Is a Day. Granted, I can barely understand anything, so I don't have much to comment about the lyrics. Plus, I don't normally take a look into the lyrics either unless they strike me a particular way.

Cuco has that definitive laid-back singing style that encourages you to sit back in your seat and ponder the pace of life. Most of the songs, if not all, are taken at slower tempo than comfortable. Again, everything works to his advantage in creating this sort of end-of-the-day mood. These songs are sort of fitting for a work-to-home transition. I think that's what I'll use them for.

Rating: 6.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5