Day 229: &burn by Billie Eilish, Vince Staples // 7.5

Image result for &burnGENRE: hip hop, rap
I haven't listened much to any Vince Staples, and have only heard him featured on other artists' songs. I picked this one thinking it was one of his, but goddamn it's Billie Eilish. That's not a bad thing though; her extreme rise in popularity has really shadowed her actual artistic merits and abilities. I actually like her voice in this song, and sounds a lot like MØ during her early days. Billie's sliding ascent in the chorus is a distinct tool she uses in a lot of her songs. I just hope it doesn't get old. I particularly like this song because it's not overly edgy like her newer stuff as well. 

Oh yea, I almost forgot about Vince Staples. He's cool. 

Rating: 7.5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5