Day 226: Hello Darlin' by Conway Twitty // 8

Related imageGENRE: country
Ah yes, my favorite style of country. It's that "sit around the campfire and contemplate" sort of song. The lyrics are heartbreaking, and the honesty of the instrumentals is palpable. I think that slide guitar is so representative of this style of country. I'm not sure if it's overused, but I listen to so little country that it's always a welcome element of a song. Don't you just wanna dance and just sway to song? The chords are quite simple yes, but within that constraint they are incredibly emotional. This sort of tempo and style reminds me of one of Dolly Parton's slower songs. Of course, I really like that one too. So, no surprise here.

Rating: 8/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5