Day 225: I Still Don't Know Who I Am. by Barnes Blvd. // 7.5

Image result for last summer barnes blvdGENRE: lo-fi, chill
Literally, the one thing that spurred me to write about this song was it's use of a very specific tone of snare drum for its drum beats. It brings back good memories. Actually, I sort of like all the instrumentation and the timbre in general of that ukulele (?). The production is incredibly crisp and clean, and the melodies whisk you away into the album cover. My only gripe is that it's just way too short. I want more of this comfy blanket of a song.

Now, I will admit that I've had my transgressions against lo-fi. But, if done right, I think there's a lot of merit to be had.

Rating: 7.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5