Day 218: Mystery Boy by Plastic Cactus // 4

Image result for mystery boy plastic cactusGENRE: indie rock, surf rock
I'll throw it right out there that this piece is just slightly bitter. I'm not blown away by the interesting take on surf rock, but it's interesting nonetheless.It's like trying out a new food or cuisine that doesn't quite captivate you. Mark me down for a maybe, because I'm not quite sure I'll digging into this band.

I do like the atmosphere that they carry you to. You've got the wavy, twangy sounds of 60's surf rock, with a layer of syrupy, dissonant guitars and synths thrown in. The middle section around 2:25 is quite nice and resolves itself as an indie song before whipping you back into shape with their specific soundscape.

Again, not my particular taste, but maybe it takes multiple listens before I liken myself to its aroma.

Rating: 4/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5