Day 215: Noel's Theme - Final Journey -_AbstractSetOne by Naoshi Mizuta // 7

Image result for ffxiii-2 soundtrackGENRE: chill, jazz
Well, sometimes you get the funniest surprises when listening to music. I never knew that Final Fantasy XIII-2 would have an OST PLUS. The PLUS soundtrack includes a bunch of demos and extra soundtracks that never made it into the game, this being one of them. I mean, just look at the title. It looks like they didn't even give it a nicely wrapped name, it has a tag at the end of it! Anyway, the song itself I've heard, but this sort of twist on it, I haven't. It was quite a surprise to me at first, because it perfectly fits the general tone of the song. It's melancholic, sorrowful, and the soft jazz undertones really reflect and add a different color to this song. I'm digging this take on it. It's absolutely the type of song you would put on for a long night drive home or something.

Rating: 7/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5