Day 212: UFOF by Big Thief // 6

Image result for UFOF big thiefGENRE: indie
This band is a bit of a hit or miss for me. I like some of their more popular songs, but it's usually the instrumentation that pulls me away from the songs themselves. The highlight on their songs is always the singer. Her nuanced, unique voice defines their identity as a music group.

With their more recent album, I decided to give a short listen to one of the more popular tracks, UFOF. I had to look up what it stood for, which is literally UFO friend. And so, the lyrics take a bit of a quirky tone befitting of their band. Like any Big Thief song, the vocals are all subdued and soft. So, if you've enjoyed their material before, I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy them here. I'm having trouble in particular trying to describe the way their lyrics work around the song. The cadence of the lyrics always floats and seeps into the subsequent verses (?) That's my best attempt. I'm partial to the chord progression in this song as well, because it's not the most harmonious in its first chord. I just wish there was more spice added to the pot.

Rating: 6/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5