Day 194: A Little While by Yellow Days // 8.5

Image result for harmless melodies yellow daysGENRE: indie
Damn, sometimes you just stumble upon a song that catches you some type of way. As cliche as that sounds, I think it sums up my feelings. Even though on a surface, I've written it up as an indie rock song, I don't think I've attached myself like this.

This one breaks away from the mold in that you get a male vocal performance in that gritty lower register. Plus, he really takes it away with the laidback, slurring singing. I never found it off-putting. It gives so much more room to be expressive. There's no denying that the bass room is perfect in its tonality, it's rhythmic choices, and impact. That definitely takes center stage. I think the stars in this song are the singer, the synths, and the bass.

Rating: 8.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5