Day 188: Easter Sunday by Zelooperz // 6.5

Image result for Dyn-O-Mite zelooperzGENRE: hip-hop
With a fresh sound, it's nice to incorporate a variety of styles in the rap genre into my playlist. I don't know much about the artist himself, but he comes off to me as sort of goofy and zany. What does the name Zelooperz even mean? That's especially true when you have a listen to this song off his most recent album.

The instruments that are thrown in have a quirky quality to them. Not only that, but the harmonic movement of the bass line contributes to that too by amusingly spacing out its notes.

Now, with the lyrics themselves, I don't know if I'm interpreting them wrong. The song itself is supposed to be sort of uplifting, but the lyrics that accompany it make me laugh in a good way. The enunciation is hilarious to me, and I seriously can't tell if that's the intention or not. I only got the instrumental but you know how to use the internet right?

Rating: 6.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5