Day 185: Build God, Then We'll Talk by Panic! At The Disco // 5.5

Related imageGENRE: rock
A friendly recommendation from a combination of friends, I understand that this is one of of their older albums. As far as I know it, their sound was really different back then. As you can see or hear, it's a rock-heavy song with an a near-experimental sound I would say.

It's a tough pill to swallow because I feel like this particular sound is a product of its times. It sounds like it was dug up from the early 2000's. There definitely interesting tidbits to it though. I think there's an accordion in there...? Brendon Urie does have really nice pipes too. Great control and incredibly clean. I do like how it doesn't follow a typical structure though. Every verse throws something different into the mix, and makes for a song that deserves repeated listens. And man, that singer just does not give it a rest. Although I'm not a big fan of the style of rock, I can say that there's a level of respect for the ability to perform something like this.

Rating: 5.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5