Day 180: I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) by Four Tops // 7.5

Related imageGENRE: motown, soul
I'm a sucker for that Motown feel. It doesn't matter how basic or poppy the song is, there's nothing like that wholesome, uplifting feeling you get from listening to this type of music. I wonder if it could be considered a type of nostalgia.

I can't remember if I've listened to the Four Tops before, but you get the basic elements of a classic Motown song here: a riveting bass line, a charming percussion section, meaningful string sections, all accompanied by a choir of upstanding men. Although not as catchy as some of the other classics, I can see that it stands well on its own and has its own place in my playlist.

Rating: 7.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5