Day 179: Take The Wheel by Lana // 5.5

GENRE: kpop
Follow with me here. Take The Wheel is the solo debut for Lana, a newly established kpop star. But get this, she's not ethnically Korean at all. She's legitimately 100% Russian. However, there's quite a few nuances in there. She's spent a large portion of her career and adult life in Korea (e.g. being a part of TV shows, being fluent in Korea). I don't think you'd be able to tell that she wasn't from Korea if someone didn't tell you. I guess it helps that she has a Eurasian look to her. Either way, none of this matters, because she released a kpop song after training in a camp for 2 years(?) So, she's definitely put in the work.

The song itself comes off as any other simple pop song. I don't mean to offend, but the cleaner English is a welcoming feature. Her ability to sing in Korean, at least to my pedestrian ears, seems laudable. I just really don't have much else to say other than the synth being pleasing to the ears. Honestly though, kpop isn't kpop without the choreography.

Rating: 5.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5