Day 167: Love of My Life by Queen // 8

Image result for a night at the opera queenGENRE: ballad
Over the long history of Queen's  relevance, a subsequently comparable amount of music has been put out. Of course, most people of my generation know the classics and smash hits.

Getting out of my comfort zone, I find myself listening to a very passionate, quirky album. One of the biggest pieces (aside from Bohemian Rhapsody), is Love Of My Life. I should look into what exactly this song is about, but there's just a different air about this song. You have such a beautiful movement in the melody, with the subtle touches of what make Queen great. It's like a soft rock ballad, perhaps an opera? You even have a gentle solo from Brian May, with the baroque styled movements in the piano that Queen like to use.

Rating: 8/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5