Day 165: Nobody by Mitski // 5

Image result for mitski be the cowboyGENRE: rock
Wow, this artist is apparently very popular, but on a first listen it felt like the popularity was not commensurate with the impact that the song had on me. It took repeated listens to get into the song, because at first it seems quite standard. In particular, I was put off by the timbre of the instruments and the general tone of the composition, as it came off as that kind of poppy show/theater music. It's definitely that piano and that goddamn funk guitar in the background create that general mood.

It's not anything against Mitski herself, I'm just not into this type of music. The tone is a little too bright for my tastes; however, I do enjoy the cadence of the lyrics. The chorus itself is quite catchy.

Rating: 5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5