Day 163: Peaches by Miynt // 6

Image result for peaches miyntGENRE: indie, psychedelic 
Although there is room to argue that this song comes off as pretty average, I have a bias towards these kinds of songs that embody fluidity and a chill vibe. I swear I've heard this singer before, and it's really because this type of style is so prominent in the indie scene. One thing I can appreciate though is the use of a dissonant melodic line. The chords themselves are less popular as well, and employ interesting modes to create a unique sound. The slight unorthodox feeling is especially true when the verses feel ad-libbed as well, exploring lines outside of harmony and key. The overall impression makes me wonder if there's an accompanying music video, because it really begs for one.

Again, it's not exactly groundbreaking, but it exudes personality and style that stands out among the more recent songs I've listened to.

Rating: 6/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5