Day 162: Answers by Nobuo Uematsu // 9

Image result for final fantasy xiv before meteor
GENRE: symphonic rock 
Ok, this is going to be blatant cheating, but I'm throwing this song onto the playlist mainly because of how important it is to me, and how buried it was in my in the deepest recesses of my memories.

The song itself resembles the literal end of an era, and as such goes along incredibly well with the music video it accompanies. Aside from the grand theatrics and musical impact points, I find the lyrics well-written and meaningful. There is so much weight in the performance, and that really carries through in the instrumental score too. Nobuo Uematsu is never one to be outdone, and it shows in this featured piece for Final Fantasy XIV. Writing about this only makes me want to go play some more, honestly. But, for all the depth and passion that goes into the performance, I can't get over the lone guitar chord that signals the jaw-gaping presence of Bahamut. It's just so isolated, dominating, and the choice to make it an inverted arpeggio only validates the intimidating primal.

Rating: 9/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5