Day 160: Tinder by Origamibiro // 8

Image result for odham's standardGENRE: experimental, atmospheric 
I'm not always too excited to be venturing out into music that gives an impression of being old but not a classic. I ventured into my recommended and came upon what felt like a haunting and lonesome experience. A lack of words, a lack of structure, and really a lack of theme that I've found makes for a sobering reflection. I imagine as if the artist was presenting to us a mirror by way of this song. I could see some substance to that argument going off of the creepy album cover. It begs for a deeper dive into who the artist is, especially when they haven't put out anything since 2014. Either way, this piece really does fit itself into a bigger picture. The album, based on the little I've looked into it, seems to be hitting the same vein when it comes to mood and atmosphere, and what the artist is trying to evoke from you. I dig.

Rating: 8/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5