Day 158: Sabotage by The Beastie Boys // 4

Image result for ill communicationGENRE: rap rock
In hoping to change my preconception of The Beastie Boys, I decided to listen their best song, apparently.

Opening with an intro that reminds me of Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion, you've got what seems like a pretty fat and catchy beat, perfectly fitting for the time and age. What's always put me off of The Beastie Boys is their vocal style. The energy, I can understand and sympathize. The timbre and tone, I can't. For some reason, the vocal register from which they rap makes me uncomfortable and it just seems so cheesy.  Seeing as how they have such a large fanbase, I'm almost afraid to say that in public. It can't be just me right? Their anger almost seems artificial, and that makes for a lesser than impressive piece of music.

Rating: 4/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5