Day 154: Whatever, Whatever by TTNG // 7

Image result for disappointment island ttng GENRE: math rock
Although they aren't my favorite bands when it comes to this type of intense singing and instrumental music, they certainly have a knack for appearing both interesting aesthetically and musically.

I admire the structured composition, consisting of distinct sections to pace and add a journey through the listen. Although, some are more put together than others. The singer reminds me of Kermit the Frog sometimes, but that's just a quirky detail personal to maybe just me. Otherwise, I am a fan of the instrumentals that are evidently not quite as overbearing compared to other pieces within the same genre. Oftentimes it just feels like a solid wall of notes without care for the pauses in between. Not so much the problem here.

Rating: 7/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5