Day 147: Put Your Money on Me by Arcade Fire // 5

Image result for everything now arcade fire album coverGENRE: indie rock
Arcade Fire has some really good hits that I would rate really high on my scale. And based on evidence, you would think that the rest of their discography would evoke a similar response. Alas, that was not the case with this one. Put Your Money on Me has glimmers of hope and it really does have this indie, hip, vibe. However, I feel like it falls flat and lacks the emotional depth and subsequent musical phrases to grasp the listener. The riff and vocals are definitely repetitive, which to me isn't what Arcade Fire excel at. Their complex messages and themes, their vibrant combinations of electronic and rock, and their lyrical ingenuity  is what's missing from this puzzle, and only makes me yearn for their other work.


Rating: 5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5