Day 145: Not but for You, Bunny by Sidney Gish // 8

Image result for no dogs allowed sidney gishGENRE: indie
Recommended to me by a friend, I had no idea coming in what this would sound like. To my surprise, it's more familiar to me than most, and provides that sort of comforting warmth everyone needs from time to time, but especially me at this moment.

This song in particular is subdued, with minimal instrumentation, and the mixing intentionally creates that effect as well. It feels like things are going on in the background. Nothing stands out as being too difficult to play back. The bass line doesn't really feel like a standard bass line that anchors the song. The bass dropping out so much throughout lends itself to the empty spaces between consecutive lines and such. Most of the content in the song resides in the lyrics and the vocal performance. I am digging the harmonies paired with nearly every line in the song. It kind of reminds me of a softer Maggie Rogers.

Rating: 8/10

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5