Day 143: Laws of the Universe by Toro y Moi // 7

Image result for toro y moi outer peaceGENRE: chill, R&B
I've heard this name float around a lot, and today I decided to actually dig in. I just first want to say that the piece itself is quite simple, but that is part of its strength as a song. The singer legitimately has parts few and far between. The melody transfers between instruments, which I find gives a lot of depth to an otherwise mellow song. Even then, I think the harmonic content in some of the solos (especially the guitar) is catchy. Although, the cadence in the lyrics seem a little off sometimes, like an extra word needed to fit in there. 

But, there's nothing to scoff at when it comes to the actual production. It's incredibly clean, and there's interesting bits and pieces here and there that I think is needed more in today's mainstream pop. 

Rating: 7/10 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5