Day 137: Breezin' by George Benson // 6

Image result for breezin george bensonGENRE: soul, funk
I was surprised to find out this song came out in 1976, because the quality and makeup of the sound seems incredibly modern. I can't say for sure that that's the truth, but it kind of adds to the novelty and innovation of the song. While I admire the production, it's just the composition itself that strikes me as a little bland. It does seem like it'd be a really good piece to improvise and mess around with. The solo is sparse but remains interesting and a pleasure to listen to. Nonetheless, simple at heart, but a little too simple for my own tastes. It feels sterilized. It's incredibly relaxing though; you almost feel like you're at a beach. And frankly, that's all I'll really use it for. 

Rating: 6/10



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5