Day 114: Pristine by Snail Mail // 7.5

Image result for snail mail albumGENRE: indie rock
I had my doubts when I literally started listening, chocking it up to be just another one of those typical, smarmy, sadgirl rock pieces. It sounds harsh, but that's the impression I got from the seemingly monotonous guitar riff and laidback vocal performance.

But to be honest, the song actually grew on me as I listened to it more. The structure of the piece actually flows really nicely, and the lyrics and cadence fit really well to the rhythm of the music. I will say that it drags a bit in between verses, especially when it's just the instrumentals being featured. But, this is fine. Contrary to what Spotify thinks, I believe that this is not her best song, but by far it is not a bad song. 

Rating: 7.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5