Day 93: San Francisco Street by Sun Rai // 6.5

Image result for sun rai san francisco streetGENRE: jazz pop
pita chips and hummus
I'll be frank, this was just in my Youtube recommendations. Honestly, sometimes they just give us the right kind of content. Now that I've been doing this for awhile now, I'm starting to figure out what kind of sound and style I like.

Starting off, there's that warm, soft synth. Articulate, drawn out chords open up the song, before tightening up to function as a simple chord progression along with the bass guitar. If only the drums were a bit more lively and interactive with the other instruments.

The lyrics themselves are simple and easy to listen to. The interlude around 2:40 is the kind of material I would like to see more of in this song. In other words, the verse and chorus are just...ok. Not exactly gripping or catchy, but harmonious enough to give a coherent song. It's a nice little diddy, or a background song if anything.

Rating: 6.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5