Day 90: You Missed My Heart by Phoebe Bridgers // 8.5

Image result for stranger in the alps phoebe bridgersGENRE: folk
It's been difficult to follow up on artists, given that I try to highlight a different artist everyday. But, Phoebe Bridgers is too hard to pass up on. I wrote about Motion Sickness previously, and I went on to listen to the rest of the album.

You Missed My Heart is all about the lyrics. The instrumentation is extremely minimal, with a majority of the accompaniment being humming guitar arpeggios. The song tells a painful story, with a beautifully dark symbolism regarding what "missing" the heart really means. Her ability to write and layer the meanings is why I keep coming back for another listen. I'll keep it short, mainly because the song plays more like a narrative. Of course, the melody and verses are just as memorable and well-written. Simplistic in nature, profound in spirit, Phoebe Bridgers shows me again why I'm a natural fan of her music.

Rating: 8.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5