Day 89: Talk by Khalid // 6.5

Image result for free spirit khalidGENRE: pop
HERSHEY'S COOKIES AND CREAM
I've seen this name pop up everywhere, and I refused to click until recently. He's put out an album recently, and I might go through it eventually. Consider this my first impression/reaction.

The synth riff, particularly its production, is delightful. Other than that, nothing too gripping. His vocal range is a nice feature, especially when the airy falsettos are mixed in with the more grounded emotional vocals.

Unfortunately, that's where the positives end. I'm having trouble finding other pieces of the song that I enjoy. That's not necessarily bad, but it defines an upper limit for the song. I'm not being a hater though, because I really enjoy his other song/collab lovely (with Khalid). As such...

Rating; 6.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5