Day 88: Hello, Anxiety by Phum Viphurit // 7.5

GENRE: indie
frosted flakes
It's always nice to see a bit more representation out there in the lineup of popular artists nowadays. But really, let's go into the breakdown of this more recent song. 

The guitar work itself is upstanding and puts itself above many other contemporaries. I can really dig the interesting, blips of the synth, which tells me that they have an ear for playful, catchier tunes. The composition gives me vibes of Daft Punk's "Fragments of Time", offering a funky, jumpy beat, especially with the bass line.

The singing may take a little to get used to. Phoebe Bridgers' voice took a bit for me, so maybe this'll grow on me. It just seems kind of inarticulate and muffled. No doubt, it's soft to the ears, but I'm left wanting more out of it as a result. Realistically, this doesn't detract from the overall quality of the song. It's written and structured well, with a memorable melody to boot. I'm hoping the lyrics evolve as they get much bigger; I'm not quite sold on the simplicity of the content. 

Rating: 7.5/10 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5