Day 87: 4 Walls by f(x) // 6

GENRE: kpop
HOT CHEETOS
Ooooo now we're delving somewhere we're I have not trod yet. I would put myself as below average when it comes to knowing kpop, but my little swathe of knowledge isn't nothing. I didn't want to write about too big of an artist, and so I stuck with f(x). I also chose f(x) because it looked like a mathematical function.

Anyway, the song itself takes a slightly different route in its approach to kpop, evoking a more dance-oriented vibe. The chord progression is also interesting, incorporating a slight dissonance, but a resolution noethe less. I can really appreciate that, especially in the Korean pop industry.

Something I can never get over though is Korean rapping. No matter what, it just feels so out of place sometimes. Different strokes for different folks, I guess, because it has definitely  not fallen out of popularity. Otherwise, the singing isn't anything too extraordinary, and falls into the usual gamut of Korean singers. Don't @ me for not looking into the lyrics either, because there's definitely enough English in there for me to understand. +1 for their aesthetic.

Rating: 6/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5