Day 102: Flyaway by Kero Kero Bonito // 8.5

Image result for time n place kkbGENRE: indie rock
hot cheetos
Piquing my curiosity, I wanted to take a closer look at KKB's new album, and my my my was it worth it. This is a case study on why you shouldn't always judge a single song by itself when it is a smaller part of the whole. Only Acting is weird, yes, but in the context of the whole album it makes much more sense. Of all the songs, one of the ones I enjoyed the most was Flyaway, with a much heavier rock band presence throughout.

Guitars and drums lace the instrumentation with a distorted, realistic, natural and grounded sound. KKB additionally does what they do best, and that's creating catchy pop melodies that bring out their specific, unique style. The song doesn't overstay its welcome either. Concluding in about 2 minutes, it gets the point across. Going by the density of satisfaction per unit of time, this really tops the charts.

Rating: 8.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5